Friday, February 22, 2008

Alive and Well in Kandahar

Well I made it safe and somewhat sound, back in Afghanistan again. It's like deja vu here, a few changes to the camp but not many. It kinda feels like I never left. Its crazy!!! Really missing some of the people I was here with before, like Joni and Jacques and Tim, but our new team is great, and I'm really excited to be here with them. The new facility looks amazing, its crazy how many changes they've made to the Role 3, always for the better.
I am finally somewhat settled into my room, man did I ever bring alot of shit. I haven't even got my UAB yet and I'm full up! haha! oh well, lots to donate to charity! Brandy McKenna is my roomie right now, it took us a couple days to finally be living together but alas, we are! Its nice to have a familiar face and friend with me for a few more days!
So all is well, I am second-guessing at this point what the hell I was thinking when I decided I should come back over, but this will be good for me. I do have super high speed internet and cable in my room, its alittle pricey, but now I can webcam chat from my room, and it is pretty fast for satellite internet and cable.
Anyway, I'm missing home something fierce, missing Derek more than anything. We finally chatted today, I miss him so much and I miss all you guys too.
Lots of love.
I'll try to write atleast daily on this, just to keep you updated.
Love, Mary Ann

1 comment:

Crimson Rambler said...

Take care, dear friend, and say HI to our mutual acquaintances also!