Saturday, February 16, 2008

In Edmonton

Hello, well we finally made it to Edmonton. What a long day yesterday was though, Derek was able to get on my flight, (he was booked on a different one than me) but we waited an hour on the tarmac, then we got in, Air Canada lost our luggage, along with some of my stuff I needed to deploy with! Went for lunch, they screwed up our order, got to the base, got my DAG done, so I don't have to go in today, so that was fine! Checked into the hotel, and the room is disgusting, but at this point we don't care! Got to go out with some friends for dinner and beer at Brewsters! Delicious! And then crashed early, it was a long day! But our luggage made it, thank God! And we are here safe! and I have uniforms to wear for Monday! whew! So today we are going for lunch, going to West Edmonton Mall! yeehoo! and then hanging out with the in-laws for dinner, going to be tons of fun! So a good day today will easily make up for the drama of yesterday, actually, the beer last night did!
Was a hard week of good byes though, said good bye to work, close friends and family, and then now a weekend of more goodbyes. Its starting to really sink in, I'm leaving again. I am treasuring every meal, every minute with Derek and every time I see anything green, even the snow. The land of khaki is approaching! I am wearing red today! haha!
Anyway, enough of my babble! More before I leave the country I am sure.

1 comment:

Crimson Rambler said...

keeping my eyes open for a glimpse of you both!