Thursday, February 7, 2008

My last week at home

Hi all, well, I finally have a departure date, Derek and I are heading to Burlington on the 14th, then fly to Edmonton on the 15th, and then I leave for Afghanistan from Edmonton. I can't put that particular date on here, but those who have talked to me know exactly what the date is. I'm alittle more relaxed now that I have a date, I guess its easier when you know when you're leaving, but now I really realize how little time I have left.
So we dropped off the dogs at Mom and Dad's last weekend. We had a great weekend ice fishing, and snowmobiling and being spoiled rotten by Mom and Dad! But it was really hard to leave the dogs. (and you guys too Mom!) but I will be able to talk to people, but I won't be able to interact with the dogs while I am away. If you can't understand that, and the connection Derek and I have to the dogs, then you shouldn't be reading this page, or bothering to keep in touch with me. They are our kids, and we love them as such.
So, we've been home, snowed in most of the week, and I've been shopping like a fiend! Thank you Sommar for rescuing me from spending more money than I need to! Aich! Did I really need new purple luggage? I think so! It'll be easy for me for travelling that is for sure! haha
Oh well, I should go to bed and get ready for a busy weekend! Derek is having a dinner for me tomorrow night with our friends to say goodbye, and then Sat we are heading to Ottawa for our Valentines Day/Derek's bday/Date Night, we're staying at the Chateau Laurier, should be a good time! Can't wait!
Until later,
MA

4 comments:

Crimson Rambler said...

any time in Edmonton for coffee with old acquaintances? perhaps old acquaintances that work in old brick buildings with bell towers on them? h'm? Prayers go with you and for you, in any event.

Mary Ann Gilchrist said...

of course! we were going to surprise you and show up on sun! but we would love to see you for coffee or maybe a late lunch? let us know!

Crimson Rambler said...

Aha! I'll be in the office here by 10 on Saturday...I have an "out" appointment at 3 pm but will be back here by 8 Saturday morning...lunch either day is a possibility, or coffee...

Mary Ann Gilchrist said...

how does coffee on sun, tomorrow sound? and we won't be able to make the service, they scheduled my baggage turn in for 1000h, LOSERS!!! but we would love to see you! i'll send you an email to your home acct with our cell phone #!
yay!